ottawa, round of auditions, 2001


thousand islands


notre dame



I stayed at a hostel in Ottawa that was once a prison. This is death row.

I also saw a cell used for solitary confinement. I wasn't even in darkness, but I could feel the heaviness all around. I was once in total darkness in a cave in Quebec (Gatineau region, I think), on a guided tour. It was the strangest feeling---a falling away of the physical. I didn't know where my body was. It was more like I thought I knew because I could remember where it was supposed to be.

Ugh...imagine being imprisoned like that, only aware of your mind, then losing all sense of that too. Or, at least, I figure that's what would happen.

Oh, not to worry! 'Coz you could end up here...


The prisoner would stand here, noose around neck. The floor would open up...



...and the body would fall through, dangling in front of a crowd delighting in the dreadful spectacle---a standing ovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment